- Camera-ready Paper Instructions
- Presenter Instructions
- Call for Papers
The paper submission deadlines are listed on the dates page and will NOT be changed. Both POSTER and a 5 minute ORAL presentation are REQUIRED, see Presenter Instructions for details.
Author kit with Microsoft Word and Latex templates: [zip]
CMT site for submission is now online: https://cmt.research.microsoft.com/WACV2018/
For questions related to your papers, reviews, and publication process please contact the organizers through the CMT site.
Extra Page Policy
For WACV 2018 the organizers have decided NOT to charge authors the extra page fees but fold them into the registration fees. The overall registration cost for members is lower this year than the last, because of the lower costs of the venue. However, the registration cost for students ended up being slightly higher this year than that from last year.
For review, a complete paper should be submitted using the for_review format and the guidelines provided in the author kit. All reviews are double-blind, so please be careful not to include any identifying information including the authors names or affiliations. All papers should be submitted as PDF files (10 MB maximum).
Accepted papers will be allocated 8 pages in the proceedings. Please note that References/Bibliography at the end of the paper will NOT count toward the aforementioned page limit. That is, a paper can be up to 8 pages + the references.
WACV 2018 Author Kit [zip]
You may also submit supplemental materials to assist with the review. These may include videos, additional images or other results, or appendices. Please note that the submitted paper should be as self-contained as possible and that these materials should supplement not complete the content of the paper.
All supplemental materials must be zipped into a single file, or you may submit a single PDF file for non-video materials. In either case, the maximum file allowed size for the supplemental materials is 30 MB.
Two Round Review Process
Like previous years WACV 2018 will follow the two-round of review process that is similar to journal submissions to provide the authors with additional chance of defending and revising their papers, to make the best use of reviewers’ time, and to achieve an overall quality consistency among the accepted papers.
For the Round 2 deadline authors may:
- Submit a new, previously not submitted paper.
- Submit a revised paper that was submitted in Round 1 and was encouraged for revision and resubmission. These papers will be assigned the same AC and reviewers as the first round.
- Submit a paper that was rejected in Round 1. These papers will be mostly treated as a new paper, with a new AC and reviewers. However, the revised version is required to be substantially improved or it may be rejected again without significant review.
Papers that were accepted in Round 1 should be not resubmitted or revised at this point. Final versions of these papers will be due in January, at the same time as accepted papers from Round 2.
Instructions for Round 2 Resubmissions
Please note the following instructions do NOT apply to new papers submitted in Round 2. For the resubmission of papers from Round 1 (both rejected and encouraged for revision/resubmission), please follow these instructions:
- In the submission process, please indicate that the paper is a resubmission and include the Round 1 paper number in the appropriate field. The CMT system will ask for this and we will also verify. Providing incorrect information might lead to a rejection.
- We strongly encourage the authors to prepare a ‘rebuttal and list of changes’ in response to the reviewers’ comments from Round 1.
- The ‘rebuttal and list of changes’ should be appended to the paper pdf. Please do not submit your rebuttal as a supplementary material.
- The page limit for the ‘rebuttal and list of changes’ is 2. This is in addition to the body of the resubmitted paper.
All papers submitted for WACV must represent original, unpublished work.
Dual submission elsewhere is not permitted.
By submitting a manuscript to WACV, the authors assert that it has not been previously published in substantially similar form. An arXiv.org paper is not counted as a previously published paper because it cannot be rejected. A university technical report is also not counted as a prior publication because it is typically not peer reviewed.Furthermore, no paper which contains significant overlap with the contributions of this paper either has been or will be submitted during the WACV 2018 review period to either a journal or any conference (including WACV 2018) or any workshop. Papers violating this condition will be rejected.
If there are papers that may appear to the reviewers to violate this condition, then it is your responsibility to: (1) cite these papers (preserving anonymity), (2) argue in the body of your paper why your WACV paper is non-trivially different from these concurrent submissions, and (3) include anonymized versions of those papers in the supplemental material.
All work submitted to WACV is considered confidential until the papers appear. Note the conference will be publishing electronically, about 2 weeks before the conference, so plan any patent dates accordingly.